How marine travel insurance can help you
If you’re planning a sailing trip abroad, our annual multi-trip yachtsman travel insurance can save you time and hassle. We can offer instant quotes online, with single trip and liveaboard policies also available.
We can also arrange single trip travel insurance policies as well as medical and repatriation only cover for people who need to spend longer periods away in one or more trips, such as round the world sailors.
The benefits of our annual travel insurance for sailors includes:
- Standard cover includes sailing offshore without restriction, and races up to 150 nm in length (can be extended upon request.)
- Cover to get you back to your boat overseas if you are repatriated back to the UK following an accident or illness.
- Enhanced cover for RYA Gold members.
- Cover available for skippers and crew working abroad on vessels.
- Policies start from as little as 38p per day*
*Based upon travel cover for individuals under the age of 65, up to 45 days per trip.
Policies available to UK domiciled persons.
What is covered?
The annual multi-trip yachtsman travel insurance policy includes:
- Worldwide cover (see list of excluded countries here.)
- Cover up to 79 years of age.
- Cover for up to 45 days on any one trip (this can be extended.)
- £5 million medical and additional expenses cover.
- £3,000 cancellation or curtailment cover.
- £25,000 legal expenses cover.
- £20,000 personal accident cover.
- £1,500 personal baggage cover.
- 17 days winter sports cover.
Increased cover for RYA Gold members
If you're an RYA Gold member, you will benefit from additional cover, including:
Medical and additional expenses - up to £10 million.
Cancellation or curtailment cover - up to £4,000.
Accompanied personal baggage, clothing or effects - up to £2,000 (money up to £750.)
Personal liability cover - up to £2 million.