Skip to main content

RIB insurance

Join us and our family of RIB owners for comprehensive cover you can trust.

03308 224 249

Insurance for RIB owners

Finding the right RIB insurance cover should be easy. Many of our team enjoy their time on the water as well, so we understand the kind of insurance cover RIBs need.

Our expert team will work closely with you to get to know you and what cover you’re looking for. This will help us find you cover that takes all of your individual needs into account.

Our features and benefits

  • Boat launch cover
  • Cover for inland and coastal waters UK wide and 30 days use in Europe
  • Road transit up to 9 metres with the option to extend
  • No excess on non-fault claims whilst moored in a UK marina
  • Up to 25% no claims bonus protected
  • In-house claims team to support you from start to finish.

Protection from the unforeseen

  • Accidental damage including fire and theft
  • Third party liability indemnity cover
  • Personal accident cover up to age of 76 (to protect against personal injuries)
  • Ability to add legal liability cover for towing water skiers etc.

Get your RIB insured today

Call us or request a quote today – our experts are always on hand to support you.

What's covered in our RIB insurance policy?

We’re always transparent about what’s included in our RIB boat insurance cover. But if you’re not sure what kind of cover you need, our friendly team is on hand to help.

We take your personal requirements into account to provide you with the level of cover that’s right for you.

What is insured?

Please note this list is not exhaustive – refer to your full policy documents for details.

Cover for you and your RIB:

  • Loss or damage to your insured property by one or more of the following: accident, fire, theft, malicious damage and vandalism
  • Loss or damage occurring during hauling out, launching and lifting by crane, including fitting out and overhauling
  • Loss or damage whilst in transit by road included as standard for vessels up to 9 metres in length
  • Liability to third parties and non-fare paying passengers ‒ £5 million as standard 
  • Your legal costs in settling or defending a claim, solicitor’s fees and other expenses relating to official enquiries or a coroner’s inquest.

What is not insured?

  • The cost of repairing or replacing any part that is lost or damaged because it is faulty
  • Loss or damage caused by insects, marine borers, barnacles, marine growth, fungi or molluscs
  • Any liabilities incurred whilst your boat is being used by, or is in the custody or control of any person employed in the marine trade in conjunction with their business.

Get your RIB insured today

Call us or request a quote today – our experts are always on hand to support you.

Why choose us for your RIB insurance?

Our team is different because we understand the lifestyle of owning a RIB.

Having our RIB insurance experts do all the hard work lets you get back to enjoying your hobby with confidence and peace of mind. We’re proud to offer:

  • 40 years of marine broking experience, backed by the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser
  • Real people giving you a personalised service
  • A diverse team passionate about boats
  • Market value and agreed value policies
  • A trusted partner of the RYA
  • Quality products backed by A-rated insurers
  • The flexibility to buy the way you want – online or over the phone
  • Access to are friendly team who is always on hand to help, especially if buying online isn’t quite right for you.

Our promise to you

We take boat insurance seriously, so that you’ll always know you’re in the right hands. We promise to:

  • Represent your interests at the time of a claim to get you the very best outcome
  • Give proactive risk management advice to protect your boat
  • Make it easy to make changes to your cover throughout the year.

We'll go the extra mile when you need us to

Our dedicated team loves to answer your questions and go the extra mile wherever they can. And we’re not just boat experts, we’re also experts in:

  • Finding solutions to fit clients’ complex needs
  • Explaining conditions and exclusions so you don’t fall foul of them
  • Explaining the risks to new RIB owners
  • Walking you through the whole process of insuring a RIB.

Still not sure what RIB insurance you need?

No problem, we'd love to talk to you about your needs. Call our experts today. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Absolutely. Give us a call 0204 579 2080

Yes, your RIB would be covered against damage or theft whilst stored on a trailer, as long as a wheel clamp is fitted to the trailer when left unattended.

  • The standard cruising range is “Inland and Coastal waters of the United Kingdom up to a distance of 12 miles offshore.
  • You can travel between two points in the United Kingdom by the most direct route, even though this might take you outside the 12 mile limit. You are not allowed to travel between Great Britain and the Isle of Man, or Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands”. Alternative cruising ranges may be available dependant on individual circumstances. 

We offer two options for boat insurance to cover RIBs:

  • Third party liability cover only ‒ third party cover to others for personal injuries or damage caused up to £5 million.
  • Comprehensive cover – physical loss of and damage to your vessel up to the total sum insured along with third party cover to others for injury or damage caused up to £5 million.

Total insured can comprise of hull and equipment, outboard and/or inboard engine, dinghy/tender, and insured personal effects if required.

Yes, cover can be extended for an additional premium to include third party liability for the towing of a water skier or wakeboarder. It can also be extended to include the towing of a single inflatable toy designed to carry no more than 2 people. The limit of third party liability for this extension is £3 million.

Yes, cover includes third party cover in respect of your legal liability to others for injury or damage caused up to £5 million.

To reduce the risk of theft to your RIB, you can install an appropriate anti-theft device which can help deter storage theft and transit theft.

No, please use your usual service providers. If needed, insurers will appoint a marine surveyor to inspect and report on the incident.

Log-in to the portal or call us and we will make the requested changes to your marine insurance policy.

Online or over the phone - our experts are on hand to support you.