What we typically require from you
- Please do take any reasonable steps required to prevent further loss or damage to the craft
- We would ask that you obtain an estimate for necessary repairs and submit it for our review before any work commences. A second estimate may be required
- Please take photos of any visible damage
- Once any costs are approved by Insurers, the policy holder will need to give instructions directly to the yard/supplier for work to proceed
- In the event of theft or criminal damage, it is necessary for you to promptly notify the police and obtain a crime reference.
What you can expect from us
- We are available from the outset to give guidance on the claim procedure
- We will review your submitted claim as quickly as possible, and where appropriate will instruct a surveyor or investigator to act on the behalf of your insurers
- We can make payments directly to the supplier or repair yard on your behalf once invoices are supplied, and can also arrange direct payment of any necessary deposit/stage payments
- On occasion we can make suggestions on suitable repair yards, but the contract for repair will still exist solely between the policy holder and repairer
- Where appropriate, we will review the prospects of recovering the repair costs on the behalf of your insurers. We are unable to assist you with uninsured losses under your yacht policy. If, however, you purchased the legal protection cover insurance from us, they may be able to give guidance on the pursuit of any uninsured losses.