Marine travel insurance for all your sailing holidays
Our policies provide all the cover you’d expect from an annual multi-trip travel policy. But our policies are specially created to cover sailing and other waterborne activities as standard.
We can also provide cover for single trips, or long-term Medical & Repatriation insurance, which is particularly suitable if you’re living aboard your sailing vessel.
Key features and benefits
Our annual travel insurance for sailors includes:
- Standard cover includes offshore sailing without restriction, and races up to 150 nm in length (can be extended upon request)
- Enhanced cover for RYA Gold members
- Cover available for skippers and crew working abroad on vessels.
Plus, key optional extras if needs be
- Business cover
- Extension to maximum trip length for either 62 or 90 days (up to age 69).
Get sailing travel insurance cover now
Buy online today using our quick quote and buy – our experts are always on hand to support you.
What is covered?
The annual multi-trip yachtsman travel insurance policy includes:
- Worldwide cover (see list of excluded countries here)
- Cover up to 69 years of age (Aged 70+, please call us for a quote)
- Cover for up to 45 days on any one trip (this can be extended)
- £5 million medical and additional expenses cover
- £5,000 cancellation or curtailment cover
- £25,000 legal expenses cover
- £20,000 personal accident cover
- £2,000 personal baggage cover with £750 money cover
- 17 days winter sports cover.
Increased cover for RYA Gold members
If you're an RYA Gold member, you will benefit from increased levels of cover, including:
- Medical and additional expenses - up to £10 million
- Personal liability cover - up to £2 million.
*Please note this list is not exhaustive – refer to full policy document for details.
What's not insured?
- Medical and Additional Expenses
Any expenses incurred more than 12 months after the date the first expense was incurred, or any continuing expense if the Insured Person has refused the option of repatriation to the United Kingdom.
- Cancellation and Curtailment
Any condition or set of circumstances known to exist and which could have been expected to cause the trip to be cancelled or curtailed. Any costs or expenses claimable under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, ATOL Regulations or Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.
- Personal Liability
The ownership, possession or use of any horse drawn or mechanically propelled vehicle (other than golf buggies), aircraft, waterborne craft (other than sailboards, surfboards, canoes, rowing dinghies, foot or hand propelled paddle boats, and inflatable dinghies), firearms, animals or drones.
- Personal Baggage, Clothing or Effects
Unattended personal effects, travellers’ cheques or money. Money or valuables lost or stolen if not reported to the police and written statement obtained.
- Yacht Hire Excess Waiver
Losses where the insured person has not taken up all comprehensive insurance or waivers offered by the licensed charter agency against loss or damage to the charter yacht (whether discretionary or mandatory).
Not sure what sailing travel cover you need?
No problem, we'd love to talk to you and help where we can - call an expert now.We can help you with arrangements for sailing holiday insurance.
Why choose us for your sailing travel insurance arrangements?
Our team is different because we understand the lifestyle of owning a boat.
Having boat insurance experts do the hard work for you will help you enjoy your hobby with confidence and peace of mind.
We’re proud to offer:
- 40 years of marine broking experience, backed by the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser
- Real people giving you a personalised service
- A diverse team passionate about boats
- A trusted partner of the RYA
- Quality products backed by A-rated insurers
- The flexibility to buy the way you want – online or over the phone
- Access to our friendly team who is always on hand to help, especially if buying online isn’t quite right for you.
Our promise to you
We take boat insurance seriously, so you’ll always know you’re in the right hands. We promise to:
- Represent your interests at the time of a claim to get you the very best outcome
- Give proactive risk management advice to protect your boat
- Make it easy to make changes to your cover throughout the year.
Going the extra mile
Our dedicated team loves to answer your questions and go the extra mile wherever they can. And we’re not just boat experts, we’re also experts in:
- Finding solutions to fit clients’ complex needs
- Explaining policy conditions and exclusions so you don’t fall foul of them
- Explaining the risks to new boat owners
- Walking you through the whole process of insuring your vessel.
Great service - answered my questions and the lady was very easy to talk with. Web-site easy to use and is tailored to the specific needs of boating.Mike
Marine travel insurance FAQs
If you're planning a sailing trip abroad, our annual multi-trip yachtsman travel insurance can save you time and hassle. We can offer instant quotes online, with single trip and liveaboard policies also available.
We can also arrange single trip travel insurance policies as well as medical and repatriation only cover for people who need to spend longer periods away in one or more trips, such as round the world sailors.