Insurance for windsurfers
Being a windsurfer brings a lot of enjoyment, but it also comes with unique risks.
Our specialist windsurfing insurance team takes the time to get to know you and how you like to windsurf. Whether you like low risk or you’re a thrill seeker, we’ll find you cover that takes all of your individual needs into account.
Our features and benefits
Our cover can include:
- Accidental damage including fire and theft
- Third party indemnity cover
- Full racing cover
- Cover whilst in transit
- UK and 30 days European use
- Cover for other people using your board with your permission
- Extension to allow you to use other people’s boards (loan only, no charter or hire).
Get a quote now
Call us or request a quote today – our experts are always on hand to support you.
What's covered in our windsurf insurance products?
We’re always transparent about what’s included in our windsurfing insurance cover. But if you’re not sure what kind of cover you need, our friendly team is always happy to help.
We take your personal requirements into account to provide you with the level of cover that’s right for you.
What is insured?
Please note this list is not exhaustive – refer to your full policy documents for details.
Insurance products and cover for you and your windsurf:
- Theft, loss or damage to your windsurf equipment
- Legal costs incurred as a result of damage to a third-party craft or property, or injury to a third party person
- £5 million third party liability included with all policies (protects your legal liability if you injure someone and/or damage their property)
- European cover is available if you take your windsurfer abroad.
What is not insured?
- The cost of repairing or replacing any part that is lost or damaged because it is faulty
- Loss or damage caused by insects, marine borers, barnacles, marine growth, fungi or molluscs.
Get a quote for windsurf insurance cover
Buy online today using our quick and easy quote and buy – our experts are always on hand to support you.
Sensible pricing delivered in a very friendly and efficient way. Glad I met them at the dinghy show.Mark from Gurnsey
Why insure your windsurf with us?
We understand the unique risks you need to be insured against. Having our windsurf insurance experts do all the hard work lets you get back to the water with confidence and peace of mind. We’re proud to offer:
- 40 years of marine broking experience, backed by the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser
- Real people giving you a personalised service
- A diverse team passionate about boats
- Market value and agreed value policies
- A trusted partner of the RYA
- Quality products backed by A-rated insurers
- The flexibility to buy the way you want – online or over the phone
- Access to are friendly team who is always on hand to help, especially if buying online isn’t quite right for you.
Our promise to you
We take windsurf insurance seriously, so you’ll always know you’re in the right hands. We promise to:
- Represent your interests at the time of a claim to get you the very best outcome
- Provide proactive risk management advice to protect your boat
- Make it easy for you to make changes to your cover throughout the year.
We'll go the extra mile when you need us to
Our dedicated team loves to answer your questions and go the extra mile wherever they can. And we’re not just windsurf experts, we’re also experts in:
- Finding solutions to fit clients’ complex needs
- Explaining conditions and exclusions so you don’t fall foul of them
- Explaining the risks to new windsurfers
- Walking you through the whole process of insuring your windsurf.
Still not sure what windsurf insurance you need?
No problem, we'd love to talk to you about your needs. Call our experts today.
Frequently asked questions
We offer policies to cover your windsurfing or paddle-boarding equipment – in both cases there are options:
- Third party liability cover only ‒ third party cover to others for personal injury or damage for which you are legally liable, up to £5 million for windsurfs or £3 million for paddleboards
- Comprehensive cover – damage to or loss of or from your vessel up to the total sum insured along with third party cover to others for injury or damage for which you are legally liable, up to £5 million for windsurfs or £3 million for stand up paddleboards.
You are covered outside the United Kingdom for European trips of up to 30 days at a time.