BSAC Boat Insurance
Specialist marine insurance
Having the right level of dive boat insurance cover is crucial to enjoying your time on the water with confidence. By combining the expertise of Bishop Skinner Marine and the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) we have designed a boat insurance scheme to meet the specific needs of BSAC divers and diving clubs.
Only available to BSAC members
Our diving boat insurance provides wide levels of cover and we think you will like the price. We take into consideration any qualifications you may hold, berthing arrangements and your intended cruising waters which means that your boat insurance policy will be tailored to your exact requirements. The scheme also has cover enhancements only available to BSAC members.
*10% discount to BSAC members and clubs applies to all boats insured on the BSAC scheme that are under 23 feet. Subject to acceptance by insurers. Discount is applied to insurers' normal rates for such craft. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with or addition to any other offers.
Dive boat insurance benefits and features
For BSAC members and clubs, our dive boat insurance covers:
- boats up to 23 feet (bespoke quotations are available for larger boats*)
- £3m third party (can be increased to £5m)
- member to member liability
- extended cruise range providing up to 20 nautical miles offshore
- equipment jettison extension
- reduced excess for underwater machinery (props and shafts etc)
- replacement vessel clause – providing up to £500 to enable the insured to hire another vessel to meet scheduled dive obligations if their own insured craft is damaged
- innocent boater extension
- multi-vessel discounts
- abortive dive extension – to pay non-refundable permits/licences or launch fees which cannot be undertaken following damage to the insured boat
- collision damage excess waiver – where a collision occurs between two BSAC dive boats insured on this scheme
- personal accident cover on most policies
- exception client service from an award-winning insurance broker backed up by a dedicated, experienced and friendly team of marine insurance individuals.